Grilled Leg of Lamb - OpenEats2 Dev
Grilled leg of lamb butterlfyed and covered in a herb mixture. Taste best if you let the lamb marinade over night.
- serves 6
- cook time 35 mintues
- 1 tablespoon - apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves - garlic
- 2 tablespoons - kosher salt
- 4 pounds - leg of lamb
- 1 whole - lemon peel zested
- 2 tablespoons - mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons - olive oil
- 3 tablespoons - rosemary
- 1/2 whole - yellow onion
- Butterfly the leg of lamb
- Put onion, garlic, rosemary, mint, lemon zest, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil into a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt and pepper over the lamb. Place marinade and lamb into a 1-gallon freezer bag. Spread marinade over all sides of the meat. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, best if you can do it over night
- Remove lamb from refrigerator and let come to room temperature
- Grill on the grill over indirect heat for 35 minutes or till it reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees for rare.