Old Fashion Fridge Rolls - OpenEats2 Dev
A lot of effort but so worth it. You will need to start this the night before and let sit in the fridge over night
- serves 20
- cook time 40 mintues
- 1 package - active dry yeast
- 6 cups - all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup - lard
- 1/2 tablespoon - salt
- 1/2 cup - sugar
- 1/2 cup - warm water
- 2 cups - water
- Mix two cups of water with half cup of sugar and 1/2 tablespoon salt and half cup of lard in a sauce pan.
- Heat till lard melts over medium low heat.
- Allow to cool to around 100 degrees.
- In a separate bowl combine one half cup warm water and the yeast and 1/2 table spoon of sugar.
- Add lard mixture to yeast mixuture.
- Then add the six cups of flour and mix to a dough
- Put the dough on a counter top and sprinkle flour over the top need for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Put in mixing bowl brush melted butter on top.
- Allow to sit in fridge for 8 to 16 hours.
- Mold the dough into either rolls, biscuits or which ever shape you wish. Then bake at 400 degrees in a greased pan for about 15mins.